Windsor, Colorado’s Harvest Festival 2023: American Fun to Wrap Summer
For over 100 years, Windsor, Colorado, has been celebrating the annual harvest; the 2023 event looks bigger than ever.
Whether you're in it for the food, the parade, the fireworks, the live music, the town barbecue, or just the beer garden, the Windsor Harvest Festival will be ready for you.
The Windsor Harvest Festival is another example of how people like to get back to "simpler" times, like on "The Andy Griffith Show," and have hometown fun. Many more people than just the residents of Windsor really enjoy the festival.
The weekend starts out with the big town barbecue and wraps up on Labor Day with a show from one of Northern Colorado's favorite performers. Will you be there for all three days, or will you enjoy just a day of fun?
SCHEDULED HIGHLIGHTS OF THE 2023 WINDSOR HARVEST FESTIVAL IN NORTHERN COLORADO
SATURDAY, SEPT. 2
- All Town BBQ: 4:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. at Boardwalk Park, $5 (benefitting the Windsor Cougars Softball Team).
- Windsor Cruise-In Car Show: 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. Eastman Park.
- On Stage: 6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. - Emma Marie Band.
- On Stage: 7:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. - Last Men on Earth.
- Grand Marshall of Parade Announcement: 9:00 p.m.
- Fireworks: 9:05 p.m.
SUNDAY, SEPT. 3
- Hot Air Balloon Launch (Weather Permitting): 6:30 a.m. - 8:00 a.m.
- Pancake Breakfast: 7:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. $7 benefitting local theater. Windsor Recreation Center.
- Farmers Market: 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Boardwalk Park.
- Vintage Baseball Game: 2:00 p.m. Eastman Park.
- Windsor Main Park Activities: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Church Service, Beer Garden, Vendors, Bingo, Horse Drawn Carriage Rides, Kids Entertainment, Famous Big Idaho Potato Tour Truck, Live Entertainment.
- On Stage: Featured Bands: 1-2:30 p.m., Sista Suz and the PRYDE Band; 3:30-5 p.m., Mr. Smyth Band.
- Movie in the Park: 8:00 p.m. "Sky High." Eastman Park. Free.
MONDAY, SEPT. 4 - New Parade Route for 2023
- Windsor Harvest Festival Parade: 9:00 a.m. The NEW route for 2023 will include traveling along Main Street from Third Street to just before 11th Street. This will be the first time that Windsor's biggest parade has been on Main Street. The change will add more accessibility, show off Windsor's stunning landmarks, and will be a bit longer than previous years providing more space for a broader array of parade participants and ensuring an immersive experience for everyone.
- Windsor Main Park Activities: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Beer Garden, Vendors, Bingo, Horse Drawn Carriage Rides, Kids Entertainment, Famous Idaho Potato Tour Truck, Live Entertainment.
- Pie Eating Contest: 3:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- On Stage: Featured Bands: Steve Manshel at 1:30 p.m.; George Gray and The Elvis Experience from 3:30 to 5:00 p.m.